Welcome to Frensham Parish Council

The Civil Parish of Frensham, comprising the Wards of Rushmoor and Frensham, extends over an area of approximately 16 km2 and is one of the most western parishes in Surrey, sharing a common boundary at its western edge with Hampshire, and thus with Alice Holt Forest and the South Downs National Park. At the last census in 2001 (preliminary results of the 2011 census are not due until July 2012) the parish had a population of 1677 persons living in 631 households.

The principal settlements in the parish are at Frensham, ie that part which is centred around the Grade II* Listed Church of St Mary the Virgin, which together with the historic parts of The Street constitutes a conservation area; Millbridge, also a conservation area containing ten listed buildings; Shortfield Common, where the Village Shop and Parish Office are located; and Rushmoor, in the eastern part of the parish.

Frensham is very much a rural parish, being characterised by a gently undulating topography of heathland, woodland, farms, small-holdings and grazing for horses. The north/south main road (A287) from Farnham to Hindhead bisects the parish, but most of the minor roads are narrow and winding and unsuitable for heavy traffic.

Parish Defibrillators

They are located at:
GU10 3BJ
Grid reference SU 843422
On side of Village Shop.
GU10 3EA
Grid reference SU 841414
In porch of St Mary’s Church.
They can save a life when a heart stops beating. Clear step by step instructions are given by the machine.