Published: 24 Sep 20
(Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 2020
Surrey County Council propose to make the above-mentioned Temporary Order under Section 14(1) and (7) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The effect of which is to temporarily: -
(1) Prohibit all vehicles from entering or proceeding along the lengths of roads in the First Schedule to this Notice. Advanced warning signs will be displayed, and the temporary closures will only operate when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Access for pedestrians will be maintained at all times as will vehicular access for residents and emergency service vehicles in an emergency situation.
(2) Prohibit waiting by vehicles, at any time, in the lengths of roads in the Second Schedule to this Notice. The temporary waiting restrictions will only apply when the relevant traffic signs are in place. Exemptions are provided in respect of the said waiting restrictions, such as to permit vehicles to wait in order to pick up and set down passengers or to load and unload goods; where necessary to carry out essential services and works or when used by local authorities in pursuance of statutory powers or duties and for furniture removals and Post Office vehicles; vehicles when waiting because the driver is required by law to stop, are obliged to stop in order to prevent an accident or are prevented from proceeding because of circumstances outside the driver’s control; and in respect of anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or of a civil enforcement officer. No exemption shall apply for blue badge holders.
(3) Suspend the restriction on waiting in Bacon Lane, Frensham, imposed by The Bacon Lane (C27) Frensham in the Borough of Waverley (24-Hour Main Carriageway Clearway) Order 2013
The Temporary Traffic Order is required because of the likelihood of danger to the public, caused by obstructive parking, and the temporary closures are required to allow he installation of the relevant road markings for the temporary waiting restrictions. The Order will commence on 12 October 2020 and continue for a period of 18 months.
Prohibition of Traffic
(1) Priory Lane (D112) Frensham, the entire length (diversion via The Reeds Road and Tilford Road)
(2) Grange Road (D111) Tilford, the entire length (diversion as above)
(3) Bacon Lane (C27) Frensham from its junction with Frensham Road to its junction with Bacon Lane (diversion via Pond Lane and A287)
(4) Pond Lane (D688) Churt, the entire length (diversion via Bacon Lane and A287).
No waiting at any time
(1) Frensham Road, Frensham/Farnham Road, Churt, (A287), both sides
(a) From a point 15m north of its junction with Priory Lane southwards up to the northernmost extent of the existing ‘no waiting at any time’ restriction by Frensham Common (excluding the layby parking area by the war memorial, located on the eastern side of the A287
(b) From the southernmost extent of the existing ‘no waiting at any time’ restriction by Frensham Common, southwards up to the entrance to ‘The Chase’.
(2) Priory Lane (D112) Frensham, both sides, from its junction with Frensham Road to the western building line of Riverside House
(3) Pond Lane (D688) Churt, both sides for its entire length
(4) Bacon Lane (C27) Frensham, both sides, from its junction with Frensham Road southwards up the county boundary line (excluding the layby parking area located to the north of Pond Lane on the western side and excluding the full extent of the Frensham Pond Hotel car park also located on the western side).
(5) The Street (D123) Frensham -
(a) both sides from the vehicular entrance to The Rookery eastwards to the junction with the north-west and south east legs of the road and on to a point 10m into the south side of the south-east leg of The Street and 10m into the south side of the north-east leg of The Street, continuing on the north side to the junction with Frensham Road
(b) south side of the north-east leg from its junction with Frensham Road westwards for 15m
(c) northern side of the south-east leg for the entire length
Date: 24 September 2020
R Bolton - Local Highway Services Group Manager
Enquiries to: Traffic Regulation Orders Team, Hazel House, Merrow Lane, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7BQ, Tel: 0300 200 1003